Developing a Case for Support
Developing a Case for Support:
It is integral to the success of your organization’s fundraising capacity that the case for support resonates with potential donors. Research shows that potential donors develop a greater interest and trust in an organization when they are involved in the fund development process and are kept informed of its progress. We will help your organization consult with the community within which it intends to fundraise, thereby increasing the likelihood of its fundraising success over time.
The following is a brief summary of the approach we take in developing your organization’s case for support:
- We become familiar with your organization’s culture, operation, staff, and clients.
- We analyze your organization’s financials, including its operating budget, and the methods and results of its fundraising efforts.
- We consider your organization’s strategic plan for the next three-to-five years. We conduct a review of your organization’s external literature.
- We consult with your organization’s staff to ascertain its ‘wish list.’
- We write a preliminary case statement to test within your organization’s community.
- We conduct a consultation process to obtain feedback.
- We write the final case for support.
“Apart from the ballot box, philanthropy presents the one opportunity the individual has to express his meaningful choice over the direction in which our society will progress.” —George G. Kirstein